A good office environment ensures maximum productivity. Although there are some key rules that should be followed, they can be adapted and changed according to personal specifications. These tips will help you in setting up a productive office almost anywhere.
1. It is very important to have a comfortable chair that does not strain your back and an appropriate desk or table to accompany it.
2. Place your work station in a comfortable and airy area that has good natural lighting. Having a lamp on your desk top could help in reducing the strain on your eyes. Make sure that the place is not humid and gloomy since working under such conditions will not only hamper your productivity but also harm your electronic equipment.
3. Keep a paper, pens and pencils and erasers handy. Stumbling around for something to write on or something to write with will waste time as well as thought.
4. Try placing some nice art that is pleasing to you to keep your spirits high. Gloomy and dark abstract designs tend to have an adverse effect on the mind and discourage creativity.
5. Try to keep files and other work related papers are kept near the work station so they are close at hand. If you have to walk around the around in order to gather your files, you not only waste time but risk getting distracted and off task.