When Christmas is over, think about easy ways to decorate for New Year’s celebrations. Whether you’re planning an intimate dinner or a big bash, ring in the New Year with a home decorated for the occasion. Try these ideas to transition from Yuletide to New Year’s Day.
Update Your Welcoming Wreath
- Remove the bright red bow and any red berries
- Tie a shiny silver or gold bow on the wreath and sprinkle silver or gold glitter
- Find a New Year’s decoration at a party store and attach wire or hot glue
Transform Your Christmas Tree
- Remove all the tree decorations that look quaint, historical or nostalgic
- Remove the topper
- Concentrate on leaving mainly silver, gold or white decorations
- Arrange a white tablecloth or length of silver or gold fabric around the base of the tree in place of the Christmas tree skirt
Around the House
- Remove all the red or green candles and replace them with silver or gold candles.
- Tie silver or gold bows on candlesticks
- Remove red or Christmas design ribbons from garlands, railings, mirrors, swags, or anywhere else and leave bare or use silver or gold